Kinda Like a Bat Winged Jackalope With a Hankering for Hot Lead
I’ve been digging these short easy descriptions as of late cause they seem to offer you guys some freedom. So we’re pulling another of the famed fearsome creatures of lumberjack lore. (This time with the added benefit of polluting your mind’s humtrack with the old Screeching Weasel melody)
Here’s what we know
- Looks roughly like a bat, has wings, a head, ears etc
- Has tiny lil antlers (actually no where does it say tiny… it’s a bat… so I’m just assuming)
- Some tellings leave its torso fuzzy, some say it’s actually feathered like bird
- Rumored to catch and potentially eat bullets fired at it (they’re never found, the bullets I mean, the dingbats just keep on flying)
- If you were to believe the song, they’re always walking into trees
- And you have to believe they act goofy right? (again just an assumption)
So there you have it. we’re back to two weeks again to finish of our summer battles (then its back to one!). They’re due by Midnight the night of the 9th but, draw now so you dont forget. I’ll use that time to claim us a suitable judge. You know how it works, draw, and have fun with it! I promise, it’ll make your week better!!!
Our Judge this week is my cohort Marita! I work with her everyday assembling emails and social campaigns, so god knows she’s had to listen to me talk about the values of a hastily sketched beast. I figured I’d give her the chance to pick… I gotta say I’m pleased with the result!
In her own words – “i like #7 because its furry and fun and he’s got the shell shocked eyes of a dingbat hit by a few too many bullets (or lightning) but still tries to hang with they other dingys…. #9 was close just because it looks cute and innocent, but it eats bullets so it cant be THAAAAT innocent…..”
So that’s it! Disagree if you must but know the judges word is law! And While the contest aspect of this beast is done please feel free to draw a Dingbat at anytime, send it in, and we’ll add it to the archives. Remember 25 beasts drawn earns you a shirt!