The Ancient Greek’s White, Winged, Wonderhorse!
That’s right! The Pegasus! Upon mentioning this, I like to imagine i can hear 1000 lil Tina Belcher like groans of over excitement…. That’s right, not just a beautiful white magical horse… A beautiful white magical horse with F’ing wings!
Now according to wikipedia, the pegasus is perhaps the best known creature in greek mythology so I’m not going to complicate your vision too much. But I do feel in important to quickly mentioning it’s origin story as it’s always fun to know where a creature of such majesty came from. And “where’s that?” you ask? Well it seems our hero was birthed when the mighty Poseidon mixed some sea foam (yep I said sea foam) with the blood of the the freshly decapitated gorgon medusa… sit on that for second… then forget about it and start drawing
Here’s you official bullet point descriptors
- It’s A beautiful, magical white horse with freaking wings!
- Can fly to and from olympus without issue and known to transport lightning and thunder for Zeus
- It’s mother was Medusa and it’s father God of the Sea
- Looks really good on lunch boxes, the cover of folders and trapper keepers alike
My favorite is #3 – Pegasus in Flight
There is emotion in that face, and the fact that the artist chose paper towel, which is a difficult medium, to express this Pegasus is amazing. It also made me laugh out loud because I know exactly how that horse feels. True artistry.
Now #5 and #2 are really great runner up entries. The love in #5, perfect. And the adorkable #2 is like the Pink Floyd pig that floated away and evolved into a pegasus so it could explain to people why it was flying through the air… all those years later.
And #7 – Space pegasus. Need I say more about that evolution from pig to pegasus to space pegasus. There’s a story here.
- Everything You Need To Know To Draw A Pegasus The Ancient Greek’s White, Winged, Wonderhorse! That’s right! The Pegasus! Upon mentioning this, I like to imagine i can hear 1000 lil Tina Belcher like groans of over excitement…. That’s right, not just a beautiful white magical horse… A beautiful white magical horse with F’ing wings! Now according to wikipedia, the ...
- The Pegasus Entry # 1 And to think we got here because I couldn’t solve the second grader’s dilemma of how to fit bi-plane wings on a horse…
- The Pegasus Entry # 2 Yes! It’s got the aerodynamics of a 1940s sci fi cover! And is that a butt fired rocket engine or beautifully flowing tail? Sorta hard to know, but both work equally well!
- The Pegasus Entry # 3 Hell yes! Pulling out the real “artist’s paper”, look at how the intensity of the tail shading tears at the layers the medium, as it sheds away like the years of our lives 😉 … Also I’m relatively confident he’s broken both his back legs!
- The Pegasus Entry # 4 I’m torn between making a Winnie the Pooh based Roo joke or commenting about how great this would look in black light paint so I’ll just let you run with whichever you’d prefer… but you better respect it’s majesty!
- The Pegasus Entry # 5 “Love knows no bounds.” – Haha god dammit if that is not the best equine butt I’ve seen doodled in…. you know what F’ it, I’m in a good mood! Best equine butt on this site ever! … think you can do better? prove it!
- The Pegasus Entry # 6 I look at this one and it’s gaze looking over the endless edge of existence, and I think, hey this would have been a way more pleasant way to end “Event Horizon”!
- The Pegasus Entry # 7 “In space no one can hear your whinny.” – Yes! Dammit I love me a good “Alien” reference and an old fashioned bubble style space helmet! But someone explain why this has me quietly humming that chubby Hawaiian’s version of “somewhere over the rainbow”?
- The Pegasus Drawing # 8 Ooh I kinda love the leopardy pony spottage! That mane is magical as hell And good to know that even flying horses practice a lil ballet when no one’s watching… or is it doing math? Meh, both work just as well!